Wednesday 22 January 2014

S.W.O.T - Drawing techniques and current projects

Strengths 

My strengths lie very deeply within Flash CS 5.5 I find it a lot easier than doing traditional hand drawn animation and the fact that lines smooth themselves out which is very convenient saying as my line work isn’t always the best, 
Rotor Scoping is a skill which I have developed from past project’s when I have added a video file to my timeline on Flash and traced over each frame, to create an over all pretty much realistic anematic, I developed this skill from Tracing picture’s or tracing over piece’s of work that people have already made and then tweaking and editing them with my on unique style and flavor. 

I would like to involve some stop motion in my current project for a scene where the demons come to get munblunko, I have worked with stop motion before at my old college I made a 2 minute animation of an action man swinging from rope’s skating walls and I even yellow screened a fight scene in there, so as you can see I have some experience in the field 
    

Weakness 

I have trouble with proportioning hand drawn animation but I think that is just because It take’s me to long to draw each frame unless I have pictures as reference(Rotor scoping as I mentioned earlier), 3D Animation is not a part of my animating vocabulary at all, the last animated 3D project I did was a robot on lightwave at my old college which basically fell over and broke into piece’s, it wasn’t that visually great either, I just created a box and added picture texture’s to everything to try and make it look more realistic, I must set myself the task of creating a 3D animation when I next get the chance, another point I would like to add is about my Line work, I prefer to use flash as it’s a vector based programme which mean’s when I draw a line it will automatically smooth it out for me, which is handy because when it come’s to hand drawn animation my line work is terrible, and lack’s consistency. 

Evaluation of both 

Looking at both my strengths and weakness’s together like this has shed a new light on my animating exploit’s, I have decided that on my next project I will be using 3D or traditional animation, even perhaps some stop motion as I mentioned in my strengths section, this should help to also shave some time off my animation, i may not pursue this, but this is what i believe shall work for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment